To laugh often & love much; win respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; earn the approbation of honest critics & endure the betrayal of false friends; appreciate beauty; find the best in others; give one's self; leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or redeemed social condition; have played & laughed with enthusiasm & sung with exultation; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
This is To Have Succeeded.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, Blogger...You Had Me At Hello.

Well, Hello BlogWorld.
I've been sitting on the idea of starting a blog for quite some time now and when I realized that all of my friends were doing it, I decided to defy what my parents have taught me since birth, and be a follower...literally and figuratively. I'm going to "follow" in their footsteps and blog my heart out; and channel my inner stalker and "follow" their blogs. But truly I just wanted a place where I could share my thoughts, questions, learnings, laughs, and all the crazy stuff that happens in my head with whoever cares. I don't intend to pour my heart out about drama or daily doings, but the stuff that seems to stick to my noggin and lay heavy on my heart.

I first want to give a little explanation for the title of my blog, though the quote below it seems to say it all. The title is a snippet of the quote, while the quote is a snippet of me. This is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Ralph is not necessarily an author of large influence on me, but this quote is. The words are the kind that I would like to model my life after. I aspire to be able to look at those words and confidently say, "I have lived, and I have succeeded." Look at those words and you are looking at a little piece of ME.

Hopefully I can keep up with this blog and succeed in writing it well....we'll see :)

1 comment:

  1. Well punkin butt you're all grown up! I love our and love what the Lord is doing in your life! Can't wait to read what's on your heart. You can"stalk"my blog too if you'd like. Muah!

    ReplyDelete